Friday, June 1, 2012

Thinkin' About Books and Linkin' Up

Being new to the blog world, I find myself discovering new, fascinating things going on at other teacher's blogs on a daily basis! I am linking up with two linky parties that caught my eye recently, both of which have to do with my all-time favorite thing about teaching - reading!

Jessica from Mrs. Stanford's Class is hosting a party all about the books we plan to read over the summer. I devour books year round and just recently finished The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly, which I loved! It was a nice departure from my young adult/vampire/werewolf/zombie obsession, however, this summer I plan to jump right back into these guilty pleasures:

The first two are parts of series which I can't wait to dive into and Wake is written by Amanda Hocking. I've read almost everything she's written and absolutely loved the Trylle Trilogy and My Blood Approves series.  I also want to read more Lisa Scottoline. I loved Look Again and especially want to read:
Finally, in true teacher spirit, there are a few "teacher books" I've been wanting to read for a while and just never got around to. So, for each guilty pleasure book, I will read one of the following:


I am also linking up with Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera! This linky party is all about favorite read alouds, which is my favorite part of the day in my classroom!
I read to my students every day, at least once a day. I always read aloud from a chapter book, but usually use picture books to start off my lessons in reading, writing, science, social studies... pretty much everything! So, my all-time favorite chapter book read alouds are.... (drum roll please)

And as far as favorite picture books goes, I couldn't even begin to narrow it down so instead I chose to list my favorite picture books I use at the beginning of the year: 
The Important Book - Margaret Wise Brown
A Bad Case of the Stripes - David Shannon
Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon - Patty Lovell
Chrysanthemum - Kevin Henkes
And my very favorite first day of school read aloud:
 First Day Jitters - Julie Danneberg

So there's my list! I've enjoyed looking through everyone else's and look forward to more linky parties to come!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found your blog through one of the linkys you joined and am glad I did! Next year I'll be a 1/2 multiage classroom and am looking forward to reading any tips you might have on multiage!
    Cheers,
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to sharing (and learning) with you and all the other bloggers out there as well! I am spending the summer organizing and revamping a lot of my units and ideas and will share them as they come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I love all of your other read alouds, I'm going to have to read Where the Mountain Meets the Moon this summer between my "grown-up" reads!!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete