Sunday, June 3, 2012

YouTube Favorites Linky Party

I know I already had a post for today but then I stumbled across Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera's Favorite YouTube Videos Linky Party and just had to join in! I use YouTube quite a bit but will only share my two favorite 'Tube uses in my classroom.

1. Magic School Bus - I have yet to find a Magic School Bus video I want to show that isn't on YouTube. I hook my projector up to my laptop, pull down the screen, and Voila! The kiddos are at the movies (and learning, too!) Plus, I just LOVE Ms. Frizzle!

2. Teacher Tipster - I absolutely LOVE Mr. Smith... he looks like an amazing, fun teacher! He has his own website which links to his videos and has printables but I actually found him originally on YouTube and you can watch all of his videos there. Videos range from fun songs you can teach your kids (my kiddos favorite - Hey honey bunny... I know my money money), interesting games (check out Kaboom! and Cup Stackin'), and tons of ideas on how to make learning more fun! His creativity (using pool noodles as place value tens and ones - genius!) never ceases to amaze me! I attached a video I love called Silly-brations. It contains fun ways to celebrate your students' achievements, other than a simple applause. I use many in my classroom!
And here is an example of a printable from his website. It is a list of the Silly-Brations mentioned! :)

In case I haven't emphasized it enough, check out Mr. Smith and Teacher Tipster! You will not be disappointed!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up. Mr. Smith is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teacher tipster videos too.
    I just discovered your blog, what a cute design!
    I will be teaching second grade next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower :)

    How have I never heard of Mr. Smith?? He is hilarious!! I'm so glad you shared his video. I need to go check out his website now!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Smith is a hoot! Thanks for the info. I just joined your blog and would love for you to check mine out!
    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    ReplyDelete