Sunday, May 24, 2015

{Memorial Day Weekend - Family BBQ}


Since I am not in my classroom this Memorial Day I do not have any Memorial Day lessons or activities to share. Instead I thought I'd share in a special edition of "What I Ate Wednesday on Sunday" and give you a peak at the yummy {and unfortunately not necessarily healthy :/} things I made for my family BBQ this Memorial Day weekend.

The "star" of the BBQ {in my opinion} were these delicious kabobs from The Gunny Sack. I've made them only once before but both times they were a hit! The only thing I did different was I omitted the sriracha sauce so they wouldn't be spicy - still delicious!


Others will tell you this potato salad from Foodie Crush was the star, and I have to tell you, it was a close second! I am a fan of potato salad in general, but BAKED POTATO SALAD? Heaven! It had all the delicious flavors of a baked potato right in there! Cheese - check! Bacon - check! Sour creamy goodness - check! The hubby, who normally isn't a fan of potato salad, even loves it! As I mentioned above, not necessarily super healthy but delicious! 

Loaded Baked Potato Salad | foodiecrush.com

Also on the menu was my mom's famous tuna dip, my sister's delicious pasta salad, and corn on the cob. To end the meal I tried my hand at a Three Berry and Rhubarb Pie! I absolutely *love* rhubarb and am so happy when it is back in season!

Here is the before pic:

And after:


As far as a recipe goes, I couldn't find one that went with the exact ingredients I had on hand so I improvised and made my own recipe. Luckily, it came out pretty good! I still need to work on my presentation but hey, as long as it tastes good!

So, what was on your Memorial Day Weekend BBQ Menu this year? I'd love for you to link up below!


No comments:

Post a Comment