Wednesday, May 20, 2015

{What I Ate Wednesday}

Happy Hump Day! While home on maternity leave I've decided to make a conscious effort to keep up with this blog and thought what better way to do that than start up my own linky! I remember there being food and recipe linkies last summer when I was a more active blogger but couldn't seem to find any. So at the risk of stepping on anyone's toes or creating a linky that already exists, I am starting a What I Ate Wednesday Linky!

My inspiration for this linky is that Baby M is now two months old and it is time for me to get back into a workout and healthy eating routine. I have to say, I have really been slacking the past few weeks in terms of eating as healthy as I could. So, for baby and myself, I am now making a promise to eat healthy all day, every day as best I can! I will still take part in the occasional cupcake, of course, but for the most part want my meals to be healthy and nutritious!

So, each Wednesday I will post at least one yummy, healthy thing I made or ate that week. Knowing I have this commitment coming each Wednesday will help motivate me to try and make or create new healthy meals and {hopefully} help me stay on track!

If you are trying to eat healthy and want to take this journey with me, link up! I'd love to get some delicious recipes that fit into my healthy eating plan from blogger friends!

Alright, drum roll please... I bring you my first linky and healthy recipe of Summer{almost!} 2015!


Today for lunch I made a most delicious salad! I bought some frozen salmon at the grocery store to have on hand for salads or quick lunches - yay Omega-3's! I used mixed greens and added goat cheese crumbles, mandarin orange slices, toasted almonds, and craisins before topping it with the salmon. I used my favorite semi-homemade balsamic dressing to drizzle over it. It was delicious! 


(Notice the books in the background - Baby M and I had a little book club session right before lunch)

Balsamic Dressing Recipe:
One packet Good Seasons Balsamic (dry mix)
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Olive Oil

ON THE MENU FOR DINNER:
o Brie and Cranberry Stuffed Chickens (not necessarily low calorie or super healthy but one of my favorites and my inspiration to eat super healthy the rest of the day!)
o Sweet potato/russet potato Casserole - I dice the two potatoes into medium size pieces, toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs and bake until perfect, crispy doneness! I use a 2:1 ratio of sweet potato to regular potato here to be a bit healthier :)
o Carrots - this was the one food that made me nauseous while pregnant and I'm happy to be able to eat again!
o Side salad topped with left over mandarin orange slices, almonds, craisins, and dressing!

So, what did YOU eat this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment