Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Subway Art... For the Classroom!

Recently, thanks to my obsession with Pinterest, I have stumbled upon "subway art"... which I have become obsessed with as well! I have printed out and framed quite a few examples for my own home, however today I found a great website chock full of adorable signs for the classroom! Shannon at Technology Rocks. Seriously. does a GREAT job making inspirational and fun signs you can use in the classroom (and at home, too!). Go check her out! Here is a sample of just some of the signs I downloaded and plan to use in my room this year:


There are a ton more signs to download (FOR FREE!!) on Shannon's site, so go check it out! I think I downloaded about 15! 

I was then inspired to make one of my own. I had seen a super cute sign with a Dr. Seuss quote and pinned it a bit ago. Low and behold, I can no longer find the pin. So I decided to make my own! I've attached the freebie below for anyone who'd like to use it in their classroom! Here's a pic of it framed:


Click here to download your own copy!

I plan to purchase a bunch of frames in different sizes from the dollar store, then spray paint them to match the color scheme in my room. I also hope to add some cute decals, like flowers and bows, to the frames as well. I think they will add a nice "homey" touch to our classroom, while also inspiring my students!

I have a TON of other projects in progress right now and need to kick it into high gear because school is just three weeks away! I plan to get into my classroom and start setting up next week, so check back soon to see my progress and how I end up using all the adorable signs!


No comments:

Post a Comment