Thursday, August 23, 2012

Teacher Week {Therapeutic Thursday}

 
Today is Therapeutic Thursday over at Blog Hoppin'! It's a chance to share what you do to unwind/relax after a really stressful day. I'll be the first to admit it... I am the type to overly stress about things. I like everything to be organized and perfect and hold myself to high expectations, so stressful days probably come more often for me than need be! But I am working on taking on less and making sure to leave time for the things that make me smile. 

Here's what helps me...


My BF and I just bought bikes this past spring and we're loving them! It's nice to be able to just go for a quick ride and clear my head. We've also been to a couple rail trails that have had amazing views that couldn't help but make you feel come, like the view below:


These two cuties always help me feel better after a difficult day! There's nothing better than walking in the door and seeing the two of them waiting for me. :) They also are good partners in crime for my next favorite therapeutic activity...

A nap! Either that, or go to bed early. I love being curled up under the covers with my two loves at my feet. And if I can't fall asleep, I'll usually resort to watching some of my favorites, such as...

          
These three shows can always make me smile! And then there's my favorite guilty pleasure...

Finally, my all-time favorite way to unwind is to settle in with a good book. I absolutely LOVE to read and, since I'm a pretty fast reader, I tend to go through books pretty quickly. Over the summer, when I have more time on my hands, I have been known to read two-three books a week! I also rarely listen to the radio in the car but listen to books on CD instead! Right now I'm listening to Criminal by Karin Slaughter... I just started it but am hooked already! My all-time favorite books on CD are Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. The last great book I read on my own was The Likeness by Tana French. 


Oh, and how could I forget... getting to spend some quality time with my one and only can always help brighten my mood! 

So that's how I unwind and keep myself sane when things aren't going perfectly. How do you cope with the busy life of being a teacher? Link up and let us know!



No comments:

Post a Comment