Monday, August 20, 2012

Teacher Week {Must Haves Monday}



I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week! I haven't had much to blog about lately because I've been spending ALL my free time trying to get my classroom organized and set up. I spent today organizing all of my picture and chapter books and setting up my bulletin board displays. I hope to post pics (and be finished!) soon!
Until then, here are my "Teacher Must Haves" for the year:

#1. My Scotch Thermal Laminator - I just purchased this little beauty this summer and have been using it non-stop for the last month and I a*b*s*o*l*u*t*e*l*y love it! I haven't had anything get crinkled or messed up yet and I've gone through almost 100 sheets! Our school laminator is constantly destroying stuff so I'm lovin' my new Scotch Laminator!

#2. My laptop - I create almost everything I use in my classroom (unless it was purchased at TPT!) and therefore have a very close relationship with my laptop!

#3. Dry Erase Boards and Markers - My kiddos and I LOVE dry erase! We use dry erase sentence strip boards in reading and writing, dry erase sleeves for math, and our dry erase paddles for almost everything else! There is not a day that goes by that I don't use this stuff!
           

#4. My Ipad and Iphone - I use both almost daily in the classroom and definitely both a TON at home! A simple thing I've found I use my Iphone for a lot in the classroom is music... I just find a good kid-friendly channel on Pandora and voila! The kids are happily working {quietly} while listening to music.

#5. Books for Pleasure - I love, LoVe, LOVE reading to my kiddos at school but also find that when I have my own book waiting for me at home each night I feel a little better. :) I love settling down to a good book. I might even give in to the Fifty Shades of Gray madness and give the trilogy a try this fall!

#6. Diet Pepsi - I MUST have a Diet Pepsi each day with lunch. Otherwise, I can get cranky. I look forward to this little pleasure each day! :)

So, what are your must-haves for the classroom??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment