Friday, August 10, 2012

What's Your Style? {Teacher Fashion Linky Party!}

Well, I had every intention of getting a LOT done today, but woke up with a touch of something and have spent most of the day on the couch. :/ The bad news... I didn't get much accomplished. The good news... I got to do lots of blog hopping! I stumbled across the blog From Blood to Books, where Jess is hosting a Teacher Fashion Linky Party. Since I plan on going shopping for some B2S teacher clothes tomorrow, I thought it was the perfect time to link up! So here goes:

Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
My absolute favorite store to shop would be New York and Co. However, this summer I've also become a big fan of the Banana Republic Outlet and have had some success at Target as well. :) I also like to shop Kohls for shoes, accessories, and they sell my all-time favorite comfy leggings!

2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
Flower hair accessories - hands down! I love to clip flowers into my hair and can even be found rocking a floral-adorned headband from time to time. I also CANNOT go a day without wearing earrings (I keep a simple neutral pair in my purse in case I ever suddenly realize I forgot to put them in!). I am one of those people who need to have their jewelry match their outfit, so I have earrings in every color! This also tends to be the gift I get most often from my students. 
earrings earrings earrings
Are these not adorable! Need to have them!

3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
I will admit I mostly wear flats or boots to school however I LOVE heels! Here are the heels I bought just this summer alone:

4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
Hmmm.... not so much. I think my "go-to" outfits for when I am crunched for time are dresses. They are easy to just through on and go. Here are some of my "pin-spirations" for my shopping trip tomorrow:

5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
I'm sure many but one that sticks out in my mind was the first all-school family picnic I attended at my school. It was my first year and I wore a nice white skirt and white short sleeved blazer with a pop of color underneath. It was very spring and very cute (I thought). I was walking in with my food - Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips {check it out - it is seriously to die for!} and wasn't paying attention. I put the dip down on the table, looked down and realized I had red strawberry juice ALL OVER MY WHITE OUTFIT. :( And, of course, there was no time to run home and change. Just so embarrassing...

Well, I am now sufficiently pumped for my B2S shopping spree tomorrow! Link up with Jess and share your A+ teacher style!


3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through the fashion linky.

    Love all of you "pin-spiration" dresses! I think you just inspired me to pick up a couple more dresses before school starts. They are just too cute!

    I'm your newest follower by the way...If you get a chance stop by my new blog lattesnlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I now follow your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero if you wear those heels to work!!! :) Your blog is really cute! I am a new follower!

    Julie
    msshopesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete