Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Made It {#1}


Today I am linking up for my 1st {Monday Made It} of the summer! Thanks Tara for creating this fun linky which I {hope} will keep me motivated to create all summer long! 


My first Monday Made It is a a gift I made for a good friend's wedding. I had seen these jute wrapped monogrammed door hangers all over Pinterest and Etsy and finally decided I would try and make my own! 

This was my inspiration via Etsy:
Jute Monogram Wreath. Jute Letter Wreath. by EmbellishedLiving, $35.00

And here is how mine came out:


I was pretty happy with it and look forward to making one for myself! I might even make some fun letters for my classroom - I'm thinking READ or WELCOME wrapped in different colored yarn! :) A small warning though - this is very time consuming! 


My 2nd Monday Made It was a quick, easy craft I made with some of my favorite teacher buddies. It is a post-it note "holder" to keep on my desk at school. Cute, easy, and functional - works for me!



My last Monday Made It involved covering letters for the word READ that I've had on my bookshelf forever in scrapbook paper. I've had these letters for years, I got them on sale at Hobby Lobby and always wanted to make them bright and colorful. I finally got around to it. :) Here it is along with my summer reading pile - I can't wait to get through all these books! So far I have read Beautiful Chaos (from the Beautiful Creatures series) and am now in the middle of the final book in the series, Beautiful Redemption. I loved this series - they are definitely YA but that seems to be my thing all of the sudden so I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy it! 


That's it for this week! Check back next Monday to see how my current work in progress turns out! Hint - it's an adorable welcome sign for my front door. :)



1 comment: